MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

More on Fear

Isn't it interesting how, when you are on a topic, something comes along totally out of the blue that refers directly to what you've been thinking about? Pre-ordained? One wonders!

Anyway, after my post on Fear a couple of days ago I stumbled on this: http://www.coachcreative.com/blog/ and read the entry from October 14 titled 'Overcoming Creative Resistance'. It blew me away. It said pretty much exactly what I needed to hear - primarily about how we are continually full of "negative self-talk" which is so very detrimental in our lives, whether creatively or not. It's well worth a look if you're interested in the subject at all. I've also signed up for his twice-monthly newsletter called "Create! Create!" and have been slowly reading through his archives of free articles. His name is Dan Goodwin and I have to say I am very impressed with what he has to say. Let me know what you think!

Today it has rained (and rained, and....). Luckily I've been able to spend much of it in my workroom where I have three 'daylight' flourescent light fixtures and I can't see the dull horrible outside. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.