MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, March 04, 2024

Progressing along

 The new landscape is developing and I already have an idea for a new one that hopefully will involve the use of a paper map.  I'm wondering, if I steal the one RC refers to sometimes, how long it might be before he notices it's missing.  Hmmm.  In the meantime I will continue working on this one....


Rather a poor picture but it's all that's ready to show you.  I started out with the grand plan that I would cross-hatch the sky using a roll of iron-on bias tape I had kicking around in my stash.  Sadly, my plan was thwarted when I ran out of tape before I could start the 'cross'.  A search online to find more yielded some but it costs a small fortune...so...stripes it will be.   

- Some of you might find some good tips on THIS list.

- If only I had the proper yarn in my stash I would be making THIS.

- I dare you not to say 'awwww' when you see THIS.

Today the quote is from Charles Darwin..."It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change"






17 comments:

  1. The hobii site uses web tracking for US readers, so I don't plan to follow it. I don't want to be identified for ad blitzing, which I suspect is the reason. Just fyi.
    You're really moving on the new landscape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most web sites use tracking, or at least it seems so. Thanks for the heads up though.

      Delete
    2. No, I mean you have to sign in to navigate. That gives them more information than I plan to. Your link works for Canada.

      Delete
    3. Interesting. You'd think it would be the same no matter where you are.

      Delete
  2. A fence? A trellis? I'll need to come back to "see between the lines" of your landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had plans for a stained glass effect for the sky area but sadly I ran out of the bias tape before I could finish it the way I'd hoped.

      Delete
  3. Mary Anne: Great start on this quilt, looking forward to seeing the finished design.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, very interesting take on this new project. I am looking forward to seeing how things work out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested in seeing where it ends up too...there's always the proverbial 'can beneath the table'.

      Delete
  5. The list of "oddball accessories" had some useful tips, thanks! Also a couple that baffled me, but maybe would make obvious sense to a quilter: "Canned food staff. Very good for holding fabric" and "paper clip your patterns to the mini blind"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so sure those two make any sense either - perhaps they'd make sense for a sane quilter, but certainly not for me.

      Delete
  6. Good morning MA! Nice to see your new work in process. I did say AWWWW! when I saw that cute little kitten and the ducky is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the kitten certainly is an awww isn't it.

      Delete
  7. It's always fun to see and read about an artist's process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Progress has been halted on this one - at least for the moment.

      Delete
  8. Wow! That is one of the biggest Awwws! Ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.