MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, March 08, 2024

Froggin'

 Well the time-out didn't last too long.  After I slept on it (not literally!) I decided that frogging the black strips was the way to go.  It's not exactly the idea I had in mind when I started out but it works better than only a half-way job.  



ARGH - It seems the internet is throwing hissy fits all over the place.  First of all Facebook went nuts on Tuesday - widespread apparently.  Then Google decided they would do an update and that messed up email.  Then, for reasons unknown, my Pinterest board decided to pitch a fit and refused to let me in.  AND...tried to do my online grocery order and had to fight with the site to get it to work.  That was after they threw me to a store in Toronto instead of my 'home' store and then didn't want to let me put in our local place.  Weird.  Hmmm....is it a full moon I wonder?

Oh - and I already had two links for you ready to go in this post and they've disappeared.  Weird.

- THIS takes you to a number of pretty potholder designs.

- Have a peek through the gallery of THIS artist!

- THESE are an awwww.

- THIS is a cute project you might like to try.

Today the quote is by Socrates..."Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have the answers"





20 comments:

  1. Yes, google was weird for me yesterday too; I had to keep trying to sign in just for my email!! Am not feeling so great, so it was more frustrating than usual...I just let it go and when I came back on, it was okay [?????]
    My DH's rule: unplug wait a bit and then replug...works often...
    Nice new direction for your piece...I like that offset little border....
    hugs for a great weekend...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your DH and our #2 son have the same rule and it's surprising how often it works. It seems like the past few days the internet has been doing weird things for pretty much everybody so we're not alone. Hope you feel better soon!

      Delete
  2. My current knitted pot holders are wearing out. Maybe some new ones in fabric.. Trapunto! Any excuse, I love trapunto. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:40 PM

    Sherry of createology: Hello MA. I think all your frogging was worth it. The landscape will be beautiful. Those cookie suckers are just to adorable. Socrates must have been one of the smart people. Sunshine and chilly today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it better now I've frogged the trim - live and learn.

      Delete
  4. I do have a fear of all of us becoming too dependent on tech which enables certain countries to put us to a total stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Common sense tells us that it's probably only a matter of time. If only the bad element would lend their 'talents' to to doing good for the world!

      Delete
  5. I am finding strange things happening with the computer and various sites as well. There are times Blogger won't let me comment and then all of a sudden the comment goes through.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Computer issues seem to be wide-spread so we're not alone. Hopefully everything settles down soon.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad your project is out of jail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm liking it better now. Next 'up' is to start adding embroidery.

      Delete
  7. I'm with Joy above. My first thoughts, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's something I don't want to contemplate too much.

      Delete
  8. I think the quilt looks better without the cross black lines. I don't know why though.
    Those leaf potholders will make a nice fall project. Those gingerland cookies are adorable! That page has a lot of wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had in mind trying to emulate stained glass but scuttled the idea when I ran out of the bias tape. Oh well, obviously not meant to be!

      Delete
  9. I am loving your landscape! I'm glad you were able to find a solution quickly. It was so fun to browse through your crazy quilting. You do such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee! As for CQ, I seem to have fallen off on doing that, at least for the time being. Landscapes have captured my interest.

      Delete
  10. The sugar maple leaf coasters caught my eye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! The maple leaf is an 'emblem' of Canada.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.