MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, March 06, 2024

In the time out corner

 Well, folks, I think this is the first time I've started a landscape and really didn't like it....so....it's in the time-out corner and I will start again.  I might come back to it but at this point I doubt it.  If I'd had enough of the iron-on bias tape to complete the cross-hatching I had in mind I think I would have been okay with it but for now it's set aside.  Who knows maybe I will lighten the bank account and buy some more tape but it's pretty pricey and defies my goal of using from my stash.  I toyed with trying to cut my own but it's less than a 1/4" wide so methinks that would just prove to be a lesson in frustration - to say nothing about danger to my fingers wielding a rotary cutter that close.

Maybe I'll even wield the stitch ripper and 
remove all the tape....hmmm...

***************

On another subject - I think I mentioned I was going through all the pre-2022 posts on my blog and updating them.  During that process I've been re-introduced to the series of 'seam treatments' I did when I was crazy quilting.  If you like embroidery and are interested, check out the 'seam treatment' category in my sidebar and you'll be taken to lots of designs I came up with that you might like to use.

************

- THESE are cute to create for Easter.

****************

It appears, at least to me, that the internet is throwing hissy fits all over the place.  Anyone else having issues?  First of all, Facebook went weird and refused to let me sign in without changing my password, which I did.  Several times, before it 'took'.  And then it seems my Pinterest account has gone on strike too and now I can't get you the normal number of links.  Oh yes, and the screen where I sign in to my gmail account has changed.  All that leads me to wonder if they are doing some sort of upgrade which has messed things up.  

Today's quote is from Elizabeth Gilbert..."Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be"






14 comments:

  1. What a great quote! Sorry that the landscape went awry, but better to let it go (for a while) than to push on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned - landscape has been fixed (I think!)

      Delete
  2. Knowing when to set aside a project takes a lot of strength.
    Yes, the Internet has been glitchy for about 2 weeks, increasing as the days go by. Google put up a notice there will be changes to the page. I saw the changes yesterday. Today, the changes are gone. I've had issues where the game normally advances to the next level, it doesn't. I have to refresh the page to get to the next level.That is a website issue., methinks.
    Also, using a mouse, the page does not always respond to clicking with a mouse. That is an Internet issue, IMHO.
    I had no problem with Facebook. Don't use Pinterest anymore as I can't get into my account even with their help. And Instagram is rarely used. X, however, I had no problem there logging in.
    An issue I have is that some social media websites will log you in using Google, stay using thing...as long as I'm logged into my gmail account. No log in, then I have to log into each website. I believe attaching websites to my gmail account needs to be made clear by Google what and where that feature is managed.


    Dear me, Gilbert is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to what I read just this morning, yesterday Facebook was down for awhile which could explain those issues. Also saw that Google is 'doing something' which no doubt will mean even more glitches. Wish they'd leave well enough alone!

      Delete
  3. My to do pile is usually stuff I just didn't like well enough to finish.
    It takes courage, I think, to decide to leap away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've managed to resurrect it without a whole lot of trouble.

      Delete
  4. You may return to it later with different ideas. Not abandoned, just resting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Anne: Sometimes I have sewing projects I just have to put away for a while, then oh my I am back at it.
    Google is going nuts a bit so many are saying, so far I have had no issues.
    The little chicks are adorable.
    I do not do facebook but sometimes visit Pinterest.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes a time-out is just what a project needs - either that or the artist needs to sleep on it.
      Appears that Facebook had issues yesterday that seem to be resolved so hopefully Google will follow suit.

      Delete
  6. Better to let it go sooner than later, though I can understand the feeling of losing that time already put it. Just think of it as a lesson learned. Only able to sit at the computer for little spurts here and there just now and was totally frustrated with the Facebook thing thinking it was my husband's doing because he's been using my computer and always messes me up. I decided to give him some grace and not mention it because he's been my sole caregiver since I got home from the surgery. (And doing a great job.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't blame your DH for computer woes right now because apparently it's happening to pretty much everybody to varying degrees. Prior to the Facebook glitch I was getting tons of weird posts from people/organizations I'd never heard of. After they got the issues fixed they went away again.
      Take care of you - glad your surgery is over.

      Delete
  7. The only glitch I've experienced is tonight commenting on Boud's blog, at first I could only post anonymously, then I tried to post again, letting her know it was me, then that wouldn't take. Then I backed up and reentered, and suddenly I could post normally again. Weird. Let's see if it works for me to post here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have worked Becki, because I got it. Mind you, don't know how many tries it took for you to get it to work.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.