MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, February 16, 2024

Sweethearts and teaching and seniors moment

Oops - I had a momentary lapse of brain power and forgot to post this at my usual time.  So sorry, but better late than never, right?

 Well, I think the teaching gig on Wednesday went okay.  It was a learning curve for both the ladies and myself but we muddled through.  Now it's to be hoped they can finish their project on their own and be happy with it.

Being that it was Valentine's day and I knew I'd be too tired to go out for supper my Resident Chef decided he'd make me a sweet surprise instead.  He used what he had and created this...

 I, of course, shared!

- THIS made me smile.

- THIS is SO cool!!!!  

- THIS would be handy for many people, especially walkers and joggers.

- There's an awwwww moment HERE.  (and before anybody asks I know 2024 is the Year of the Dragon, not the rabbit)

Today's quote..."Sometimes you have to eat your words, chew your ego, swallow your pride and accept your mistakes.  It's not giving up.  It's called growing up"




16 comments:

  1. So cute. I am sure you gave the ladies enough knowledge that they will be able to finish the landscapes on their own.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasted good too! Hopefully they can finish on their own.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet little treat. Yay for Resident Chef! I love that tree bookshelf. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that bookshelf too....would need way more space than we have but it would be cool.

      Delete
  3. How sweet of your Resident Chef to have that sweet surprise ready for you after an exhausting day of teaching. I just know your students would've had a great time creating their landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resident Chef is certainly a keeper! He doesn't buy me flowers but there's always some little thing he does that requires a whole lot more thought and that's what I love (well, and I love him too!)

      Delete
  4. Well that looks yummy. How sweet he made it. I like a lot of the "Sewing Times" projects. Will we get to see any of the work your students did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I forgot to take my camera to the class! I had every intention to get pictures. Hopefully someone will share some with me.

      Delete
  5. What a sweet and thoughtful little surprise to come home to! It looks yummy and I'm sure it was! I'm sure your students can finish their project on their own after having a great day with the teacher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yummy, for sure. Hopefully the ladies can complete their projects without too much trouble.

      Delete
  6. Thoughtful and sweet of your Resident Chef - glad your course went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Resident Chef spoils me sometimes. I'm glad the course is over, for sure.

      Delete
  7. How sweet of the Resident Chef! Glad you course went well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RC does funny things like this and usually when I least expect it. He's never been a 'buy flowers because it's an occasion' kind of guy.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.