MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Smokin' needles

 The so-called 'break' turned out to be not so much because I received a rush order for 13 knitted dish scrubbies.  See?....

The yarn is from Loops and Threads called Squeaky Clean ...4.5 mm needles.  Cast on 28 stitches and knit until square.  

- There are a few fun things happening 'round and about the internet.  If you're wanting to brush up on your embroidery skills, have a look at THIS challenge (I've taken part in this in the past and it's great fun).  She's added an additional 'twist' this year that looks like fun too.

- Thanks to Julierose for giving me a heads up on THIS challenge.  I expect most of us would like to clean up our sewing spaces and perhaps this might be the perfect kick in the patuskus that we need!

- There's a quilt-a-long HERE that you might want to check out.  HERE too.  Lots of them HERE!

- And another stitch-along HERE.

- You might want to check your local library online to see if they subscribe to Creativbug.  If they do, you can access tons (!!) of online classes ranging over all sorts of genres simply using your library card.

- There are lots of free designs HERE that might be useful (and a head start on....dare I say it....the Christmas box?)

Today's quote is from David Icke...."The greatest prison people live in is the fear of what other people think"


14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year: I look forward to seeing what you will be working on in 2024.
    Nice scrubbies.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit I'm looking forward to seeing what I'll end up working on too! All I know for sure is that there will be some landscapes, knitting and crochet.

      Delete
  2. Who on earth needs all those scrubbies?? maybe part of a New Year resolution about cleaning.. Looking forward to seeing what your year brings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend has a number of relatives and she wanted to give them two each, along with a bar of my soap as well as a jar opener. Her Christmas celebration with her family isn't happening for another week or so. After I gave her one of each thing she decided she liked them so much that she wanted to bless her family as well.

      Delete
  3. I've only done 1 mystery quilt. Now it just seems I don't have time. However, I sure do love saying the patterns.
    Man, YOU have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite honestly mystery quilts scare me. I did one back when I first joined our quilt guild and I ended up hating it. Vowed I'd never do another one. I know lots of people enjoy them though.

      Delete
  4. Phew--that is a whole lot of scrubbies to make for a RUSH order!!;0000 Talk about smokin' needles--you go girl!! :))))
    I am sticking with the Decluttering --but strange to say, I am learning something unexpected from doing it even only this far...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the scrubbies don't take a long time to make but my hands were sure tired by the time I was done.

      Delete
  5. Well, your hands got exfoliated for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure did! Still have one more to make but there's no hurry for it.

      Delete
  6. Those needles of yours are knitting up a storm. Good the dishcloths knit up fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's good they knit up fast - otherwise I could never have met the deadline.

      Delete
  7. I need to get rid of a few supplies and that will tidy up my sewing room a great deal. I always seem to be cleaning and decluttering that area.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the nature of the beast that a sewing space is generally messy. At least that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.