MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

A finish - and finished

 Trunk show - done and dusted.  Possibility though of a couple more for other local guilds depending on the timing.  Workshop I was supposed to teach yesterday was postponed due to a winter storm and hopefully will happen next week, provided the weather cooperates.

Over the past week or so I completed a wee little dollie for our wee little girl whose birthday is the end of this month.  I used scraps from my stash (primarily Paton's Canadiana) and THIS pattern.  


And, just for a bit of pretty on yet another dull morning here, how about a picture of this...

- THIS looks like a nice tote bag.

- If you're thinking about making any projects for Valentine's Day (or even if you just like hearts) check THESE out for some ideas.

- THIS is really pretty!  I know it was first done in 2021 but it certainly will still work now (scroll down to get all the patterns and to see the completed project).  And if you read THIS post there are some great tips about doing something similar only as a 'diary' of sorts accompanied by a temperature aspect.  Fun way to practice embroidery!

Today's quote..."If you don't separate yourself from your distractions, your distraction will separate you from your goals"

16 comments:

  1. She is a cutie!
    The separated sections tote is something I'd like to make. There are so many things that can be stored in a tote instead of a box of bin, they are nice to know how to sew up.
    Talk about distractions, good quote. The other day, I had to get up to get my glass I left on the back of the sofa. I walk over, see throws need folding. I fold them. And sit back down...without my glasses, again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - RC and I live in what seems to be an ongoing case of living in the hereafter (what the heck am I 'here after') so I completely understand the glasses thing.

      Delete
  2. Such a cute little dolly!! Nice work...I do like the idea of that monthly embroidery circle--now if only my hands would cooperate!!
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letting yourself just do one month at a time might not hurt your hands? I'd love to make it too, but don't know what I'd do with it afterwards.

      Delete
  3. love the dollie, I wish I could knit as good as you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pattern was so well written that it was easy to create. I loved that it was 'stuff-as-you-go' as opposed to waiting until the end.

      Delete
  4. What a cute doll. The little one will love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little doll and good luck with the class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Class was postponed due to the weather so I got a reprieve.

      Delete
  6. The doll is charming, Mary Ann. Thanks for all the links! Our amaryllis will be white, if it makes it to the blossom stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope our wee one will like the doll - it's always hard to tell what little ones will like.

      Delete
  7. What a cute little doll. And a beautiful amaryllis. I like that phenology wheel a lot. I've seen the embroidery journal before and thought it would be hard to come up with a design for each day knowing how I sometimes struggled with designs for the 100 day project I did. But I do understand the feeling of accomplishment that would come with it. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the wheel idea too but hesitate when it comes to coming up with daily designs. That's why I liked the one I posted about a few days ago better....not quite the same in that it wasn't a 'diary'.

      Delete
  8. Awe, isn't she a sweet little dolly?! I hope she loves playing with her.
    What a beautiful flower, perfect for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully she'll like the doll. Tomorrow is her birthday so we'll see.
      Amaryllis are beautiful but sadly they don't last very long.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.