MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Books, birds and eyes

I've been happily stitching, but can't show you - yet!

I was happy to see the UPS man come today because he brought me this...




I haven't opened it yet because I'm saving it until I can sit down and have a delightful read.  This book is by Sue Bleiweiss who I've followed online for some time.  Along with her own blog HERE, she also runs the Sketchbook Challenge blog HERE.  I have long been intimidated by sketchbooks because I didn't know quite what to do with one.  Taking Karen's 'An Embroiderer's Ledger' online class has started me on what I hope will be a fruitful journey into sketchbook-ing.  

This book has been talked about all over the 'net so I decided that I simply couldn't live without it any longer!  Specs:  'The Sketchbook Challenge" (Techniques, Prompts, and Inspiration for Achieving Your Creative Goals) by Sue Bleiweiss.  Published by Potter Craft, c 2012,  ISBN 978-0-307-79655-4

- - - -  - - - -

About birds?  Well, I just stumbled across some of the cutest little embroidered ones that Catherine Frere-Smith has done.  Go HERE (scroll down to see her delightful little creations!).

And eyes?  There's definitely embroidered 'eye' candy brooches at Sylvia's Windy River Beadwork and Embroidery site HERE

6 comments:

Leone said...

I just bought this book too. I really like it but was a little disappointed at the small size. Good content though. I have been trying to get into art journaling/sketchbooking for a while and just lack the courage to go for it. I stop, start, stop, start!! I am just starting again so I hope I stay with it this time.

Enjoy.

kaiteM said...

what are you stitching?

Boud said...

Good for you for trying a new adventure! I hope we see what you put in the book.

Suztats said...

Oooh, that looks like a good read. Yummy stuff. Enjoy. Off to check those links. Ta!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Dear MA

I'm sure there will be heaps of inspiration in that Sketchbook for you - the multi talented MA!!!

Thanks for popping in to see me luv ya!!

Big warm hugs

xox
Shane

karen said...

you have way too much self control. No way would I be able to restrain myself from opening that book.