MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Heads (not tails)

Lots of Heads!
Today I've played around with possible heads for my doll. I haven't had much practice at needle sculpting (as you can tell from the head on the bottom left!!). The one on the bottom right is a winner, but I think I will try sculpting a couple of the others to see what happens.

I want to mention that the latest issue of the CQMag is online. There are some great articles and lots of eye candy (under the Reader's Showcase). Have a look at: www.CQMagOnline.com

Also, my friend Marie Alton is currently doing a fundraiser and what she has on offer is pretty cool! Her niece Amy is riding in the 'Ride To Conquer Cancer' and Marie is helping raise money for the cause. If you go to her blog at: http://sredeluxe.blogspot.com and click on Amy's picture you will see some pretty lovely beaded items that Marie has done. I've already bid on a couple of pieces. Marie's sister Cathy is also planning something to help and once I know more, I will post about it.

I discovered last night that Maureen Greeson has a blog now... http://www.maureensvintageacquisitions.blogspot.com will take you there. She does beautiful crazy quilting!!

ARGH!! Blog-grrrr is refusing to link for some reason unknown to mortal man. Sorry!

No comments: