MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, April 06, 2009

Denim stash - reduced again

I made this bag on the weekend from a pattern called the 'Bali Bag' which was published in the January 2007 issue of QUILT magazine (thanks Donna!). I, of course, being a lover of denim, decided that it would be a perfect use for some of my stash. I don't happen to have any Bali fabrics in my stash so the decision of what to use was pretty easy! I had exactly four of the purple flower buttons in my stash and I thought they looked rather cute with the happy face beads for centres.
btw...excuse the mess in the background!! Oh yeah...I've been knitting my little fingers to the bone and finished one sleeve up. Only a hundred and some odd more rows to go....sigh.

4 comments:

  1. you make the bestest bags Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you do with denim. I remember that gorgeous jacket you made last year or two.

    If you want to see messy I should take a pic of my sewing room right now. I have the large fold out sewing table plus a rectangle card table covered in piles of fabric and I am on the 12th. block. Now I just need to do the 4 triangle pieces then I can start embellishing and clean up. I am running out of time as we leave here end of april.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the assortment of denims... it should be nice and strong and last forever regardless of what you decide t stuff in it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made one of those bags as well. I love the shape of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.