MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Buttons, dirty table tops, and baking


This is the second try for this post. Argh!
Picture is of a beaded button I made today sitting on my obviously paint-covered table. It's one of three buttons I'd like to make. The colours aren't 'true' in this picture, but you can get the idea.
My friend Jacquie was here for our weekly crafting time (coffee & munchies too). DH made an incredible quick bread from our new cookbook (The Taste of Home Cookbook) and I just have to share the recipie with you. It is really good!!
POPPY SEED CRANBERRY BREAD (original recipie is from Cindy Harmon)
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 c. milk
1/3 c. butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 c. fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed & chopped (we used frozen)
ICING: 1/2 c. icing sugar & 2 tsp. milk
Combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder & salt. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, butter, vanilla & lemon peel. Combine two mixtures just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Pour into greased loaf pan & bake at 350 for 55-60 mins. or til toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins. before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over cooled loaf.
YUMMY!

2 comments:

  1. The beaded button is beautiful MA even though the colour isn't true - but who cares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cranberry bead!:}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.