MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Promised pictures of Christmas 'makings'




I mentioned before that I would show some pictures of some of the things I made for Christmas gifts. I made 27 of the domino ornaments to either give as presents or to use instead of a bow on other gifts. First I painted the back of the domino using green and gold paint and my finger to rub it in. The face was part of a rubber stamp image which I stamped onto tissue paper and then decoupaged onto the domino. 'Believe' was also stamped on..directly to the domino, and then was embossed in red. The little red flowers were just from some paper trim from the dollar store. The red beads at the top were from an old belt which belonged to my mother, so they are definitely vintage.
The other picture shows the mug totes I made from recycled denim and scraps I had in my stash. We have to take our coffee mugs to our quilt guild meetings, so it's nice to have a tote to carry them in.
Tomorrow I will show more and also maybe some pictures of some of the things I received for Christmas too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.