MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

a yucky day


It's just plain yucky outside today. Half raining and cold east wind. Brrr. So...to brighten things up, I thought I'd post a picture of one of my African violets which is in full bloom. Pretty, isn't it. I took this one to the restaurant where we have breakfast every Saturday morning in trade for a couple of pot-bound, really sick looking ones. I seem to have pretty good luck starting new ones, so I have promised they will get them back at some point. I really don't know why I'm able to grow them because, according to the books, I do absolutely everything wrong!

Today I plan to start cutting out the latest jacket. Went to Fabricland this morning and picked up the flannelette for the lining. I indulged myself and actually got the bright green I've been drooling over! I figure that it will be ok, because by the time the rag look is 'out' so will the lime green craze. There 'is' a method in my madness...sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.