MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 08, 2009

Spring is sprung!

These are just some of the tulips and daffodils we have in bloom at the moment. Just before supper tonight we had a huge hailstorm; hopefully it didn't damage them too much.

I have one and a half pages of 'the diary' typed up, which has taken forever. I'm a fairly fast typist, but I'm not so good with learning the ins and outs of a new computer program. Thank goodness for the 'Teach Yourself Visually' series of guide books!! I had to learn to make columns, what font to use, what size, how to number pages, and all sorts of interesting things hitherto unknown to me. It's going to be a HUGE project, but I have promised myself that I will type for 20 minutes per day and sooner or later it will be done. (For those who haven't been reading my blog for long, 'the diary' is a 30 year chronicle of my gr.gr.grandfather's life on his farm, beginning in 1869 and ending shortly before his death). Ultimately I will be having it published so everything I do now is with an eye towards that goal.

I have finally decided on the design I will be using for the ring bearer pillow commission, which is a step in the right direction. Picked up some lovely fabric today which I will use for the centre part. Hopefully it will take well to being embroidered on because I want to do the bride & grooms monograms on it. The four corners of the pillow will be fans, done in tones of cream, ivory and white. I also picked up some really pretty pearl trim for the edges of the fans. Yes, I'll post pictures as I go along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.