MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shoveling and Designing

Today pretty much the only creativity that happened was a whole lot of shoveling in my studio. The piles were teetering and threatening me bodily harm and, besides, I'd managed to lose a book I was looking for. It was time. Boring, boring, boring, but SO much better now.

After that I worked on my design for a ring bearer pillow I've been commissioned to make (which is what you see in the picture). I will embroider the initials of the bride and groom in the centre. The fans will be appliqued on after I piece them using various tones of white/ivory/cream and do some embroidery on them. I have some pretty bead trim to go along the outside edges of the fans.

The bride isn't a frou-frou type of person (according to her sister), so I want to do a minimum of over-the-top embroidery on this. Simple and elegant is what I'm going for. I have four tassels for the corners which I will tack on so that they can be removed after the wedding. I will also just tack on the ribbon to hold the rings in place. The whole thing is 9" square.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:46 PM

    have you been over to needlenthread yet?? paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty design. You could do all the fan embroidery in the featherstitch only. I see that so often on the older fans and I think it is a very pretty look and not too busy.

    Just an idea.

    Hugs

    Freda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.