MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Done!!!

 The landscape is finished!  I'm sorry that you can't really tell in the photo that the snow has some areas that sparkle in the light but you'll have to trust me on that one.  It measures approx.  29x25".

This is the photo I used for inspiration (full credit, and my thanks, to Dale Stewart!)


I took lots of artisitic liberties with this one, as
you can see!

FOR SALE!


- THIS link takes you to a tutorial to make a reversible tote bag.

- THIS is a really cute idea and wouldn't be too difficult to make.

- Giving jars of some of THESE would make a nice gift.

- Another great gift idea HERE.

- THIS gave me food for thought.

Today's quote is from Ralph Waldo Emerson.."The purpose of life is not to be happy.  It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"



16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful finish on your landscape with truck...I like the bare trees and the ones in the distance...great piece;)))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julierose! I had fun doing this one and took decided creative liberties with Dale's wonderful photo.

      Delete
  2. Wow, absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job. When I was little, my Daddy owned a green truck just like that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. We had an old grain truck that looked similar only it was red.

      Delete
  4. It's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! Wish you could see the sparkle from the glitter in the photo.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Beautiful work done on your landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have too much fun making these!!

      Delete
  6. Oh, that is wonderful, Mary Anne. And you are a marvel. I am amazed at how quickly you can stitch these works of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one didn't have too much embroidery so it went faster than it normally would. Having everything done for Christmas means I can take extra time in my studio too.

      Delete
  7. I really do love that you turned that into a snow scene. Originally I thought that was a cat on the dashboard, but realized the window was broken. It really is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine. It wanted to be a winter scene so I did my best to listen.

      Delete
  8. Your landscape quilts are absolutely amazing! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! Thank you - hope you're doing well.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.