MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, December 08, 2023

Nothing but links

 

I've been working on the landscape but truthfully nothing that you can see in a photo...so....how about a few extra links to explore today instead of a photo?

- THIS takes you to a PDF of a really pretty shawl.  If I were a shawl person, I'd love this one.

- There are some fun ideas for gifting HERE.

- THIS would make a cute little gift.

- As a little further note on the chocolate orange cover I showed you last time, perhaps you'd like to check out THESE designs as well.  OR if you'd like to cover bath bombs, have a look HERE.  

- There's a great tutorial HERE for making really nice gift bags that you could fill with all sorts of Christmas treats, edible or otherwise!

- I came across THIS very excellent post about temperature blankets (and I love the colours she chose!!).  I would really love to make one and the time commitment to only having to do one row each day wouldn't be too bad.  But THEN, I price out the yarn and it gives me huge pause for thought.  

- If you have a tea-lover on your list, perhaps one of THESE would be a welcome gift.

- THIS would be fun to both serve AND to gift.

- There are some fun ideas HERE too.

- THESE are really pretty and would make a nice gift with a candle tucked inside.

- Some cute ideas HERE too.

Today's quote..."May your day be filled with glitter than someone else cleans up"

10 comments:

  1. Oooh that temp blanket is so beautiful; I, too, would just love to crochet one--but am still in the middle (about) of finishing off my Miss Babs Blankie..using yarns I've had for ages...hope your days are full of the joy of approaching Christmas...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that particular temp blanket is the nicest one I've seen which just gives me added incentive to want to make one. I know myself well enough to know that I'd be all gung ho about it for awhile and then it would get away on me.

      Delete
  2. The funny thing about temperature blanket knitters is that they tend to report what date they're up to! Usually a bit in arrears. I know one who does this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect I would be in arrears all the time if I were to attempt one.

      Delete
  3. I did manage to keep pretty much up to date on my temperature blankets. I am seriously considering doing one that is snow, rain and wind and not temperature at all.

    Love those links.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea - at least you wouldn't need so many different colours of yarns.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, the temperature blanket -- I'm familiar with the quilted variety, but crochet? It's great. Thanks for all the gift ideas! That Christmas crack....better stay away from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make temperature blankets pretty much any way - knit, crochet and quilted, and even temperature scarves too. I'm with you in staying away from the Christmas crack!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for all the links. I know it takes time to search them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great links out there so it's sometimes hard to choose ones that I'd like to share!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.