MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, September 29, 2023

I digress

 Yes, THAT day is more rapidly approaching than I'd like to admit so while I waited for something to happen regarding one of the piles I showed you in my previous post, I decided I would make these...

The square potholders came from THIS tutorial and the snowman mug rug/candle mat came from HERE.  


- Have a peek at THESE creations!

- THIS is a really pretty quilt design.

- HERE is another one of those things that caught my eye and made me smile.

- A number of THESE are simply cuteness personified!

- If you give gift cards, perhaps making THIS to go along with the card would be fun (cute too!).

Today the quote is from C.S. Lewis.."Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less"





18 comments:

  1. The chair socks are a really funny comic version of the antique ball and claw foot, except that was a lion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a funny version that not everyone will understand.

      Delete
  2. Great oven gloves! Perfect Christmas gifts...nice work on these hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend loves birds so I think she'll like them.

      Delete
  3. I miss chair socks, Mom always made them for me. Love those potholders and the mug rug/candle mat.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought those chair socks were rather cute but luckily we don't have need of them here.

      Delete
  4. The snowman's face is adorable. Nice potholders, did you paint the birds on them?
    Those cat paws are precious! What a nice gift idea they are.
    Great links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the birds were preprinted on the fabric - although they do look painted don't they. When I saw the snowman design I had to find a reason to make one.

      Delete
  5. They are so sweet especially the snowman face so cute.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snowman caught my eye when I first saw it. The birds are too large for most of my projects but perfect for hot mats.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Sherry of createology: Both of these projects are wonderful. You will have all holidays covered in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making the quick and easy projects while I wait for a yarn shipment to arrive. Then I'll be starting on four sweaters for the grandies which will take me awhile.

      Delete
  7. These are cute! I was just thinking yesterday that I need to get started on my Christmas postcards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, THAT date is rapidly approaching and if time flies as fast between now and then as it has since the first of January, I know I'm sadly behind already.

      Delete
  8. Love the snowman. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kind of snowman - don't have to shovel or freeze!

      Delete
  9. Pretty oven mitts, and a cute snowman! Your sewing machine is always busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my sewing machine and knitting needles are in use pretty much every day.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.