MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, September 01, 2023

A little glimpse

 I was hoping I would have this further along so I could show you but for now I'll just give you a peek at half....



- THIS is an interesting method for making a hat.  

- HERE is something you might like to try (just be sure you pay attention to the tip about using rubber gloves!)

- Have a peek at what THIS amazing artist does!

- And THIS artist does some incredible things as well.

Today the quote is from Mortimer J. Adler..."In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you"


14 comments:

  1. A cliff hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like today's quotation. I wonder about people who count how many books they've read, or have an annual goal. It's not like counting steps for health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often thought of keeping track of the number of books I read in a year but I never do get around to it. One of those things I know I would be diligent about for a little while and then completely fall off the wagon.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful design from fabric, so realistic looking. Thank-you for the interesting links.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine - next 'up' will be the embroidery part which will take me awhile.

      Delete
  4. Your landscape is really looking super!! I love the colors...nice work...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours don't seem to be 'true' with this camera and I don't know how to change the settings, if there are settings that can be changed. The greens are definitely not that yellow in real life.

      Delete
    2. Another beauty in the works. I love the hexagons for the field in the foreground; they are such a traditional patchwork shape and so appropriate for this. The detail you achieve is quite astounding and I can well imagine the hours and hours of work you do to get it just right.
      Thanks also for the links you put in your posts - the tree ring prints are just amazing.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Jillayne. I'm having fun combining traditional quilting with elements of crazy quilting into my landscapes. Good thing I don't work by the hour! Glad you like the links.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the little glimpse, I enjoyed it and it looks great! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get it finished this week but at this point it might not happen. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  6. I love the way this is turning out, the grass on top looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing the grass that way is sort of a 'signature' in my landscapes. They don't look right without it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.