MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, September 06, 2023

A change

 They say a change is as good as a rest, so thought I'd give you a reprieve from the landscape and show you what came off my needles last night and is heading for the Christmas box...


The pattern is THIS one and I used some leftover Paton's Canadiana from my stash.  

- Because, after all, this is a full service blog (hah!), perhaps the more adventurous souls among you might like to try THIS.  

- You might find THIS interesting.

- I found THESE interesting too.

Today's quote..."Have you ever noticed that people won't take the time to look up important information, but they'll spend 15 minutes taking a quiz to find out what kind of potato they are?"





13 comments:

  1. The quotation is too funny, considering how many of us know which Jane Austen character we are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I've never been a quiz-taker, mainly because I simply can't be bothered.

      Delete
  2. What a cute hat you've knitted;))) someone will be really happy this coming Christmas;))) Hugs--stay cool -- Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope one of the grandies likes the Minions, if not I'll tuck it away for another year.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:56 PM

    Sherry of createology: This Minion hat will be very popular at Christmas with the Grandies. That very long stitchery of her year is not for me to try. This quote is not me…I do not waste time on ridiculous quizzes. Happy Day Dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't bother with quizzes either but I know a lot of people do. I'd much rather be stitching!

      Delete
  4. I am guilty of that quotation......the stitchery piece is astounding. I don't think I'm going to do any laundry stripping, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing that process with laundry sounds like a lot but I wondered if it would end up softening our towels. We can't use fabric softener because DH is allergic to it so our towels end up stiff as boards.

      Delete
  5. What a cute Minion hat, I am sure that will be well received. I really liked looking at the hand embroidered bobbin, something rather lovely about it. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the hat too but have to wait for a grandie to be taken with the Minions, otherwise they won't like it.

      Delete

  6. Laundry stripped and the stitching links are bookmarked.
    Love the hat

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Minion hat is so cute! You are so talented! Thanks as always for the great links!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness, that hat is adorable!
    I wish I was more adventurous to try that method of cleaning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.