MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Well, at least one hand might be warm!

 Half of a pair of mittens made to go with the hat I showed you in my previous post.  Think I'm going to win the game of yarn chicken!  



- THIS is simply because I know you've always wanted to know how to make shoes for dolls....yes, just sayin'....

- THESE are really cute!

- Although I can't find the originator of THIS I thought it was worth sharing.  I'd love a jacket like that!

- Have a peek through the amazing creations of THIS artist!  And THIS one too (and if you go HERE you can see some of her work in more detail)!!

- THIS is one of those things that made me saw 'awwww' right out loud (scroll down for the best picture!)

Today's quote is from Oprah Winfrey..."Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down"


6 comments:

  1. Yay for winning yarn chicken! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to beat that chicken this time - fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:30 PM

    Sherry of createology: Very nice mitten dear. One down and one to go. Fabulous links once again. The Sashiko Jacket is fabulous. I love Sashiko stitching as it is very rhythmic. Denim scapes are amazing with the detail that can be created. Leave it to Oprah to make this excellent quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have a sashiko jacket like that. I often think that it would be nice to find a ready-made (thrifted of course) jacket that actually fit me and then applique 'stuff' onto it but I've never been lucky enough to find anything that fits well enough.

      Delete
  3. I spent way too much time looking in Pinterest at the waste denim jackets. I've made one, but it certainly didn't look like those. Thanks for finding that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I spend far too much time down the rabbit hole thinly disguised as Pinterest....they know me well down there!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.