Yes, over the weekend I managed to reverse my frogging of the hat and came up with this one...
Something else for the Christmas box.
Pattern is THIS one and I used Paton's Astra which is a DK weight. At least the grey is Astra - the red is a mystery yarn out of my stash (I think it's probably Paton's Canadiana). Now I plan to play yarn chicken. Do I have enough of each yarn to make a matching pair of mittens?? Stay tuned....
- And just a head's up - if you're searching for some really well written knitting patterns (some free, some not) check out what's available HERE. I like that most of her patterns can be created with various weights of yarn and that her patterns are actually more 'recipes' than they're anything else.
- Making a few of THESE would be fun for your fall decor.
- Here's a little hint that I do so thought I'd share....if you have problems with dry and cracking hands... 1. Slather your hands really heavily with a good hand cream, put on a pair of rubber gloves and wash your dishes in the hottest water you can stand. The heat helps 'drive' the cream into your hands. 2. At bedtime, I often use a really good coating of vaseline and then wear a pair of cotton gloves overnight. You can try the vaseline process on your feet too and just wear a pair of old socks to bed.
- HERE's something else that would be fun to make for fall.
- If you're into repurposing things have a look through the links found HERE for some great inspiration.
- I currently have a bouquet of sunflowers on my table (3 flowers sold for $1 per flower) and so when I came across THIS I might be tempted.
- THESE are amazing (be fair warned though, there is some nudity there!)
Today's quote..."Creativity is making marvelous out of the discarded"