MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Something else

 I've created a few more things for the Christmas box...



Two of our grandies are 'in' to Minecraft so I searched out some appropriate fabric for them...youngest grandson is obsessed with cars....and our wee little girl, although too young for a pillowcase, needs to have one at the ready for when she is old enough.  I used the burrito method from The Seasoned Homemaker HERE to make them.  

- THIS would be a great bag to have for so many uses.

- I have often thought that a bookcase quilt would be a great project so I found THIS discussion very interesting.

- Once I discovered the bookcase quilt I was sent down the proverbial rabbit hole, only to discover THIS (which can be used as intended, but also used as the basis for a quilt).  I sometimes wish I would remember to keep track of all the books I read in a year and perhaps using the printable might encourage me to actually do it.

- I know THIS is a paid pattern but I must admit it instilled an involunatary awwwww moment.

Today the quote is courtesy of Audrey Hepburn..."Nothing is more important than empathy for another human being's suffering.  Not a career.  Not wealth.  Not intelligence.  Certainly not status.  We have to feel for one another if we're going to survive with dignity"



14 comments:

  1. Love the burrito method for pillowcases and facings when sewing sleeveless tops.

    Just got an FB memory from 5 short years ago when I worked 1 day with a group of hometown homemakers making bright pillowcases for social services to give to children that had to suddenly grab personal belongings and stuff them in these pillowcases to be rushed to a safe space. An event that made me feel blessed during my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a clothing sewer per se so I didn't know about the burrito method for sewing tops. Interesting! I do like it for pillowcases though.

      Delete
  2. Really cute pillowcases--they will love them...I can hear oohs and ahs when they open their gifts;)))
    nice work hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's become a yearly 'thing' for Grandma to make them each a new pillowcase, or at least I'm MAKING it a thing!

      Delete
  3. The things you find! Endless interesting projects and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I both seem to find interesting things to share, don't we.

      Delete
    2. I second thay Aw. Those knitted dolls are precious.
      Love the pillowcases! I wish adults had such fun and colorful fabric prints.

      Delete
    3. I'm seriously considering buying that doll pattern because it's so sweet.
      As for adult pillowcases - why can't we have fun ones too? If we make them ourselves the sky's the limit.

      Delete
  4. I love those pillowcases! And the Audrey Hepburn quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the grandies will like the pillowcases too. Just have to hope the two oldest don't fall out of 'like' with Minecraft between now and Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:14 PM

    Sherry of createology: I love to make pillowcases with the burrito method. Your fabrics are perfect. Lots of great links again. If only I could knit to make that adorable soft doll. Making a bookshelf quilt looks way too complicated for me, yet I do like them. My sister would love one as she has already read over 200 books just this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a bookshelp quilt can be as detailed or as simple as you want it to be. Of course I can say that when I seriously don't know much about the making of sane quilts!
      Jury is out on whether I will succumb to buying that doll pattern.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pillowcases Mary Anne. They stitch up quickly when you use that method too! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this particular method is quick which makes them a good addition to the Christmas box.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.