MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, September 19, 2022

A sad week

 The past week has been a difficult one.  Two  friends, both in their 90's, have passed away as well as the Queen.   I find myself somewhat adrift and haven't been able to apply myself to my creative pursuits as much as I'd like.  So...I'll show you a picture of another project that's not quite complete.  This sweater is lacking buttons.  I found some I *could* use in my stash but they're not quite 'it' if you know what I mean.  I might end up using them anyway but maybe I'll get to a fabric shop and will be able to find better ones.  


- If you don't like bugs you won't want to see THESE, but I found them fascinating.

- Have a look at the creations of THIS artist (and take note of the material he uses)

- There's an interesting article HERE that addresses stash culture.  It's geared towards quilters but knitters/crocheters can easily be subbed in.

- Reading that led me on to reading THIS.  

Today's quote is from Sam Elliott..."A strong man stands up for himself.  A stronger man stands up for others"



18 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Sherry of createology: Mary Anne Dear I am so sorry your friends are passing on. We also lost a very good friend the same day the Queen passed. The world seems off-tilter. May better days be near. Love and Hugs…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right in saying that the world seems off-kilter right now.

      Delete
  2. It's odd how hard it is when someone even at such a full age, dies. You'd think you'd be ready, but no.
    My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you know my condolences go out to you too Liz. It's hard, no matter how many years a life has been lived.

      Delete
  3. Sorry for your losses...it's difficult losing someone who has shared your life for a long time...hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it certainly is and it's all compounded by the additional sadness surrounding the Queen's death.

      Delete
  4. Sorry you have lost friends
    My sympathies and prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they are always much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Hugs to you, dear MaryAnne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mary Anne I am so sorry to hear about your friends passing. It is so very sad even when a good age has been reached. Sending you big hugs. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both lived full lives and so that is something to celebrate.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous1:35 PM

    From a person that still has the fuzzy mind caused by massive memories of a lost loved one, I totally understand what you are going through. THE reason I still have to fall asleep with a tv that provides other thoughts in my head to enable sleep. So sorry for your losses.
    Joy's Jots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand it Joy, that's for sure, although in my case both friends were elderly and had lived well.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry to read that you've recently lost friends, Mary Anne. Writing this days after Queen Elizabeth's funeral, I found it very profound, and very grounding in a world gone crazy. That is a lovely sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becki, it's been a sad week for sure.

      Delete
  9. So sorry for the loss of your friends. It has been a blue time hasn't it. The sweater is lovely. Good luck finding the perfect buttons, I'm sure you will. Those links are great, so much of it is true about STASH, shame, overwhelming....... something I have to get around to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it has been a bit sad around here lately, and yesterday we found out our next door neighbour passed away too. They say these things come in 3's so hopefully that will be it for awhile.
      Glad you enjoyed the links.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.