Yes, the best of plans are bound to run aground more often than I'd care to admit. I had great plans on Saturday to lay out all those hexies I made awhile ago (remember those?) onto the king-sized bed sheet I planned to use for the background. The sheet, alas, was wrinkled - badly. OK - I have an iron and an itty-bitty teeny-tiny wee small (well you get the idea!) ironing board. Despite my noble plan to wrestle those wrinkles into submission the minute I moved the sheet to iron the next section it promptly wrinkled some more. Argh. So.... after some ponderment I hit upon the plan to hang said sheet over the dual rods in our bathroom, spritz it with water, and then turn the shower on with the door closed to build up steam. Nobody could have been more surprised than me when it actually worked! However, it took most of the day to dry so the 'Grande Plan' came to no fruition.
So...on to Grande Plan # 2 - designing the next landscape. Of course the first attempt didn't work and I changed my mind in mid-go anyway. So a re-design happened. By this time the day was gone.
And all this to tell you that (yep, you guessed it) another post of mumblings is heading your way....
- I happen to love The Grinch so of course THIS caught my eye!
- Those who enjoy cross stitching might find THIS of interest.
- Making one (or several!) of THESE little guys would be a fun addition to a Christmas tree.
- Have a look at the creations of THIS artist. Make sure you also click on her 'pet portraits' category!
- And HERE is another artist that has wonderful creations (and several different galleries to peek into).
- THIS is a great idea to use old sewing patterns.
- THIS was one of those things that elicited an involuntary 'awwww' from me. I know it's shown as being used for a baby shower - but I'm thinking in terms of Christmas ornaments too!
Today's quote.."If you don't do wild things while you're young, you'll have nothing to smile about when you're old"