This is the final pair of socks being made this year....these hopefully will fit our 6 year old grandson...
I used the same 'recipe' as for the other socks I did, only this time I cast on 60 stitches.
- THESE adorable little guys would be fun to make. The link isn't in English but there's a translate feature available.
- Mary Corbet (always an interesting read!) has posted a fun discussion and how to about making your own beeswax for stitching. You can find it HERE.
- Those of you who knit might find THIS of interest. And HERE is another one.
- Have a look through the galleries of THIS wonderful artist!
- The sewers (sewists?) among you might like to keep an eye on what's going to be happening on THIS blog over the next while (and you'll maybe find the current post has something you'll be able to use as well).
Today's quote..."If you have a family that loves you, a few good friends, food on the table and a roof over your head, you are richer than you think"
That quotation is excellent. Just the food on the table and roof overhead makes us richer than a lot of people.ReplyDelete
How true! We are so very fortunate and should spend a little more time in contemplation of that instead of bemoaning our lot in life.Delete
what gorgeous yarn colors for the socks! Thanks for all the links and that is a great quote....so true!ReplyDelete
It's a Regia Pairfect yarn so you're pretty much guaranteed matching socks. I just took out the section that was meant for turned heels (it would have been plain orange).Delete
Very neat socks--i am sure they will love them...ReplyDelete
Making little socks is fun. I expect I'll be making more if only to use up some of my leftover stash.Delete
I do love the orange contrast on those socks. They will be happy toes that find themselves tucked inside. :)ReplyDelete
The colour will suit this grandson but I don't know if he actually likes it. We'll see!Delete
Beautiful socks, I really love the colours! Have a good weekend! Christine xxReplyDelete
I do too - I wouldn't mind a pair myself!Delete
Great socks. Lots of fun links. Your Christmas box must be bulging. Wonderful week dear.ReplyDelete
Christmas box is half empty now because I've mailed a lot of it already. Now I wait for confirmation that it's arrived safely. Hopefully it won't be like last year and bounce around the country for a couple of weeks!Delete
Thanks so much for sharing the link to this mask. I wear glasses, and have a problem with them fogging up. I will have to try this one.ReplyDelete
You're welcome! I hope it works for you. You'll just have to have patience to keep pausing the video to get the measurements right.Delete
Thanks for the linked video, that seems much more sensible for glass wearers. i love you church wall hanging.ReplyDelete