Yesterday the subject of cups and saucers came up and I thought I might share one of my favourites from my collection...
This one belonged to my maternal grandmother who once had a very extensive collection of cups and saucers of various patterns. I was lucky enough to inherit a precious few. This one is hand painted and the china is very thin - it appears that it was hand painted in Japan but that's all I know about it.
There has been no stitching happening here at Chez Magpie over the past several days - too much of being a social butterfly (and errand runner) to have time to play in my sewing room. Hopefully over the weekend I will get to sit and pick up my stitching.
- Have a look at the fibre art in the galleries HERE.
- THESE fall under the 'oh wow' category! I'd love one (or several!) of these.
- There's a pattern HERE for really cute owls - perfect pincushions perhaps?
- There is a free online quilt magazine available HERE. It's actually quite interesting so well worth checking out. If you scroll down there are links to other free issues as well.
- And HERE is another free quilt magazine - you will have to register to get it, but there's always good content so it's worth doing. You can also purchase an expanded version with more content, but I find the free version to be interesting on its own.
- THIS is a rather cute knitted sweater pattern for a little girl.
Instead of a quote today, I would like to wish all mothers a very happy Mother's Day!