First of all, I have to share a picture of the beautiful flowers I that were delivered for Mother's Day from our #2 son and daughter-in-love who live all the way across the country in British Columbia. Aren't they beautiful? We also got to Skype with them yesterday and had a lovely visit. Great fun watching our sweet little grandson as he's testing out lots of new words! Thank you Shawn and Winnie 💕
Because precious little has been happening on the stitching front, I thought I'd do as someone asked and post a few more pictures of my small cup & saucer collection. I don't ever use them, preferring to have my tea and coffee in a mug, but I like to see them sitting in my china cabinet anyway!
This one belonged to my maternal grandmother
and is labeled on the back with
'Castle - Hand Painted - Japan'.
The inside of the cup is mother-of-pearl.
This one also belonged to my grandmother.
She had a set of dishes in this pattern and
all that remains (that I'm aware of) is this
cup and saucer and one small
The pattern is called 'Bridal Rose'
and was made in Western Germany
This one, also from my grandmother,
is also lined with mother-of-pearl
and is labeled 'Castle - Hand Painted - Japan'
- You have to go and look at THIS!!!!! Kim does the most amazing things with previously unloved pieces of embroidery and this is her latest creation. This belongs in an art gallery!!! Be sure to scroll down to see all the photos.
- There's a tutorial HERE to make a very sweet little apron from vintage linens.
- Go HERE if you'd like to make a really cute child's apron!
- For those of you who use clear stamps for your projects, perhaps THIS idea for storage might be something you'd like to do.
- For those of you who garden, perhaps you might find some interesting ideas HERE to beautify your own space. If you click on each of the pictures it should take you to further information for each.
Another quote from 'Anonymous'..."Make a list of things that make you happy. Make a list of things you do every day. Compare the lists. Adjust accordingly"