Over the weekend I started working on another barn landscape. It doesn't look like much as yet, but thought I'd show you anyway.
DH puttered about in the kitchen and this is what he created...
Here's the recipe - just in case you'd like to make some too!
10 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced*
3 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 large green pepper, chopped
3 Tablespoons salt
2 cups white sugar
1 cup white vinegar
1 Tablespoon celery seed
Combine cucumbers, onions, green pepper & 2 T. salt. Cover with crushed ice and mix well. Refrigerate for 8 hours. Drain, rinse and drain again.
In large saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, celery seed and remaining salt. Bring to a boil & cook and stir for one minute. Spoon over cucumbers. Pour into jars, leaving 1/2" headspace. Cool. Top with lids and freeze for up to 6 weeks. *NOTE: DH uses English cucumbers.
- There's a link HERE to a really sweet crocheted baby dress.
- And if you happen to like teddy bears, how about a pattern for THIS cutie?
- Scroll down when you go to THIS link to see some really sweet ideas for making mini gardens in teacups.
- Have a look at the gallery of wonderful quilts HERE.
- THIS is a great way to use a lot of buttons! I wonder if, instead of inserting glass, you could pour resin over them.....hmmm. And HERE are a number of other ideas to use buttons (be sure to have a good look at the last one!).
Another anonymous quote..."Be thankful for all the troubles that you don't have"