MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Still searching, and a warning



I'm still searching for something that I can share with you and so I thought I'd post a teeny little bit of my current project...


I can't show you any more than that, but suffice to say it's definitely something that's outside my comfort zone!

And this is something that appeared in one of my groups this morning and I thought it was something that should be shared as much as possible.  

This is a warning from police, applied to both women and men...

Beware of a piece of paper on the back window of your vehicle - it's a new way do a carjacking.  You often don't see it until you get in the car and shift into reverse to back out of your spot.  You notice the piece of paper and stop and get out to remove it, leaving your car running AND your purse on the front seat.  Just enough time for a carjacker to leap in and take off with your car AND your personal information, including your house and car keys.  Police recommend that if you see such a paper, drive away.  Do NOT stop and remove it until you get home!!

Please consider sharing that information!

Today your quote is from Calvin Coolidge... "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind.  To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas"




8 comments:

  1. LOVE the crochet boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful seahorse Mary Anne... so pretty! Isn't it horrible that we have to share warnings such as the one you shared.... very useful information though. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sea horse is magnificent! Look forward to seeing the finished piece. Just love the micro lambs. Great links

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your seahorse turned out fabulous!

    I recently read a warning about that method of carjacking. Scary.

    You always share the most delightful links. The quilts and the ornaments were my favorites. :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Anne your beaded Seahorse is beautiful. More wonderful links to tempt us...thank you. Why is there always crime?!! Great quote for the real Spirit of Christmas. Blessings and Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the links. You usually find something I have not seen...as in the ornaments. I did see the flip flop slippers but do you think those stitches attached to the flip flops would pull through? Just a thought.
    xx, Carol
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sea horse ..... and the micro lambs are so cute too!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your seahorse is the sweetest, prettiest I have seen yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.