MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Another search


Another search for something to show you today yielded this...not very exciting perhaps and not a great picture, but desperation is as desperation does!!

and I noticed, after I took the picture, that one of the
beads on one of the ornaments is crooked.  oops!


Every year I create a series of ornaments for gifting; some are gifts in and of themselves, and others are used as 'bows' on other gifts.  These are two of the ones I made this year...no two were the same (as is the case of real snowflakes!).  Even better was that all the raw materials came from my stash so they cost me nothing (shhh, don't tell!!).  Tutorial for these can be found HERE.  These were really easy to make and a couple of evenings in front of the tv created all 20 ornaments that I needed.  

Today your quote comes from an anonymous source (but thought to be from the heart of a 7 year old)...."Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen"



5 comments:

  1. Your ornaments are lovely and I checked out the tutorial link. I have never seen anyone use plastic canvas as the base...interesting. Of all the links, and I liked each one, I am the ugly paper towels separating my pans girl. I love the use of knitted (will be crocheted in my style) separators to protect my pans. Thank you ever so very much dear. I always learn something from your postings. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your snowflake ornaments Mary Anne.... the perfect addition to decorate a gift! Lots of people here now I may not get much time at the computer! Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with lots of creative projects! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I'll be working on several of those pan doilies soon. So simple, yes, what didn't I think of that! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of chuckles today. Love the rat book mark. Sweet snowflakes. I see nothing wrong with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your snowflakes and mumblings of course. Signing out now for a few days over Christmas so have a wonderful time celebrating. Love Baa. xxx, Miss H and the Mother

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.