MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, December 09, 2016

Fill it up, Santa, please!



Our newest grandson HAS to have a Christmas stocking for Santa to fill, don't you think?




One of the little monkeys from yesterday
is already tucked in the toe!



There is no pattern per se for this one - It pretty much came out of my head, although I did find the reindeer on the internet.  


Today your quote is from 'Maxine'...."Christmas is just plain weird.  What other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat candy out of your socks"


10 comments:

  1. Those mittens are brilliant! And you could apply the principle to hats, bags, all kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Christmas stocking! I agree, a 'must' for your grandson.
    I'll be snitching candy from stockings too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see that you are fulfilling your grandmotherly duties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Christmas Stocking for Theo. Great fun links and ideas...for another year that just might have more days and hours in it. Maxine always has wit for us to ponder. You are truly rocking the holiday projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been super busy sewing. Love Theo's new stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created the most wonderful heirloom for Theo. He will keep it and love it forever.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. He definitely does need a stocking and this one is really cute! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just the perfect little Christmas stocking for a dear new little grandson! How exciting!
    Mary Ann you have such a wealth of information, links and tips etc. which is appreciated by so many. I hope you never stop with these as there are those like myself who never have the time to do the research that you do.
    Have a most joyful Festive Season and a really Happy Christmas and a productive New Year.
    Many thanks for your support always!
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute stocking, and perfect for a little boy! I know he will enjoy having it in the coming years! You’re such a good grandma! And I think (looking back) that I never told you how much I loved your little Theo book. You are so dang creative. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling stocking! And the quote is fantastic. It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.