MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, December 02, 2016

Something fun, and some you-know-what

Today I don't have a picture of anything I've done to share with you, but I would like to tell you about a fun thing that's happening over on Pam Kellogg's blog. It's called a 'Never Ending Band Sampler Stitch-Along' and is absolutely perfect for anyone who likes to work with waste canvas or even weave fabric...crazy quilters and those who like cross stitched samplers will love this.  Pam will be offering several free patterns each week for us to play with.  This is going to be SO much fun!!  And best of all - there's no pressure...no time frame....no expectation that you have to 'keep up'.   (Have a look HERE to learn about it!).  You can go HERE to see the first pattern she has for us.  I'm joining in with plans to download the patterns and create a wonderful stitch diary for future reference.


Today your quote is from Andrew Weil....."The power to heal is in you, and nonetheless there is a tendency in our culture to project onto other people and to want them to heal us"


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for always sharing the most interesting array of projects. I will be enjoying your stitch alongs. I am so far behind this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for drawing attention to the never ending sampler project over at Pam's blog. It looks a fun idea.... I may see if I can find time to join in but, I do have Christmas to get through first.... maybe in the New Year? Have a good weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary Ann, thanks for the tips and that is a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More great links. I saved some of them.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.