MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Some knitting - who knew?


Our oldest grandson is currently in like with "dine-O-soars" (his word) so what could a doting grandma do but make him his very own DineOSoar sweater for Christmas?


The pattern is from a Beehive booklet called "Knit Menagerie" and was made using Paton's Canadiana yarn.  As a little side note, Logan's Uncle Shawn had the very same sweater when he was little, but his was red and was made by one of my friends.  Wonder where it ever went.

Today your quote is from an anonymous source...."The greatest gifts are not wrapped in paper but in love"

11 comments:

  1. Cute sweater. I'm sure your grandson will love it. I remember mom knitting up a dinosaur sweater for my brother years ago. Great links, too. In fact, a couple I've saved for future use (maybe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one awesome sweater!! How many days did it take you make it? Love, love the dino :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on the sweater, nice yarn.
    Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You knit that...wow!! Awesome. Your grandson will love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fan-tas-tic sweater. and a great link to the suitcase, which I passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous sweater.... Logan will love it! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's lovely! Kids do like images at a certain age. I remember knitting sweaters with trains, teddybears, and so on. They're fun to do, and it's lovely to see the wearer admiring himself in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sweater is amazing! You're going to win the Favorite Grandma Award for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness, that is adorable, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic sweater, MA.
    Thank you for all the links ... great fun!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dino is so cute! Great sweater!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.