MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, December 22, 2016



First of all, I want to share one of the pieces of music that I find the most meaningful this time of year.  It's not an old carol and I don't think it's one that you will likely hear too much on the radio.  However, it reflects the true meaning of the season and has the additional side effect of making my cry every single time I hear it (and no, it isn't sad....just beautiful).  Please go HERE for my Christmas gift to all of you.  


Today your quote is one I know I share every year, primarily because I am obviously still a kid at heart and never grew out of my love for Dr. Seuss and The Grinch...  "And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so?  It came without ribbons.  It came without tags.  It came without packages, boxes or bags.  And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore.  Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.  "What if Christmas", he thought, "doesn't come from a store.  What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?"

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Grandson!!!
    Great links, as usual. I have two sets of the wine bottle toppers on wine already. A friend gave them to me.
    I do like the mini fabric basket and coffee cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted and thanks for the reminder!!
    Merry Christmas
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted!!! He is so cute, adorable. I have been absent, AWOL....what can I say? I'm ashamed....please forgive me. I want to wish you and yours the most wonderful Christmas.....I will see you on the other side!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.