MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Stitching, and eye candy, and stuff of interest....

Today I have one of my rambling posts for you, but I can assure you it's worthwhile to check out the sites I'm pointing you to.  There's incredible eye candy, a round robin, and something about helping other stitchers too.  A little bit of everything for your pleasure today.
 * * * * * * * * *

1.  Under the eye candy category, go and see what Karen has done (HERE).  She has created a piece of embroidery art for her daughter which is destined to be a heirloom for generations to come.  I know I've sent you to visit Karen before (and I know I'll be doing it again too!) and if you haven't signed up to become one of her followers you are missing something!
* * * * * * * * *
2.  Also under eye candy, you have to go and see what Kathy of Shawkl has done using buttons and beads!!  What's even better is that she sells the buttons in her shop.  Drool, drool, HERE.  (it's a sin to covet, it's a sin to covet, it's a...... ).
* * * * * * * * * 
3.  For those of you who are interested in crazy quilting, Gerry Krueger is taking signups for a 'Faux Gold' round robin.  Sounds like fun and I've thrown my name in the ring.  It's high time I got back to some crazy quilting and this is just the incentive I need.  Go HERE for further details!
* * * * * * * * *
4.  Are you a fan of 'Lord of the Rings'?  Do you like paper piecing?  If you are, and you do, Fandom In Stitches is beginning a series of free patterns.  The first one is Gandalf and I understand there will be a new one each month for the next year.  There are tons of free paper piecing patterns on this site, including Harry Potter ones if that is your interest.  Go HERE.
* * * * * * * * *
5.  Most of you have heard of the devastating wildfires in Texas and right now there's a collection of handmade Christmas ornaments going on to give to those who lost everything in those fires.  Shawkl posted about it on her blog and you can find out more in her post HERE.  It doesn't take long to make an ornament and pop it in the mail, so please consider helping out.
* * * * * * * * *
Fin.ally, here's today's efforts at stitching in the Frankenstich way


5 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

Hello M.A. I have long been a fan of Karens ans Shawkl, now I am following Gerry too, love those hand painted buttons in her etsy shop....worth ordering a couple for a special outfit.

Yvonne said...

Always a lot going on in Blogland. Will check all the links out. Thanks.

karen said...

I am loving all this experimental stitching you are doing!! It's great.

~*~Patty S said...

your stitching is fabulous and looks right up my alley
Love it all!
oxo

Avery Hill said...

You are so so funny! Thank you for sharing!

I don't think you are rambling at all :)

Alaina
averyhill