MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, October 03, 2011

Tripping....


We had a wonderful time during our four days away in Quebec last week.  The fall colours were spectacular, despite the dull and rainy weather we experienced.  The above pictures show a view of the mountain (Tremblant) and the road leading down to the condo where we were staying.

Below are a couple of pictures I took right off our balcony and perhaps show the colours the best. 



Because of the dreary weather we weren't really able to do much in the way of exploring outdoors.  There are tons of walking/biking trails in the area and also places to rent canoes and kayaks.  There's a gondola that goes to the top of the mountain but the day we had thought of doing that the mountain was pretty much socked in with clouds.  I think both Jack and I were relieved because neither one of us is very brave when it comes to heights!

We had a great time but are glad to be home and getting back into the routine of things. 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely pics of the fall colours! I'm not a fan of heights, but did go up the gondola at Lake Louise several years ago. It was cold, but the views were marvelous. Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like the way fall colours glow against a grey ground

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the foliage pix. Around here the wet and cold weather has put a damper on fall color, so it's nice to see some via your blog.

    Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i crave those colours.......even in the rain they are SPECtacular--i wonder if they could be mailed ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours, Autumn does you proud up there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pics! Those colors are heading my way. We usually get the best color toward the middle of October.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the colours are amazing, thanks for guessing what was on top of my cake i shall use it now....lol....cant wait to see your stitching its easier than i thought...just about to put some more pictures up x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous colours MA, thanks for sharing. (Ours haven't happened yet here in the UK) Love your chickadee too - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I cannot believe its fall... Time flies! Gorgeous view!

    Thank you for the inspiration... Off to make some hot cocoa in my pjs and watch an autumn-y movie! :)

    Alaina
    averyhill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quebec survived you? Relieved in Lancashire.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.