MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Potatoes, hot pots, and chocolate shoes

I'll bet that post title raised a whole bunch of interesting
possibilities in your mind!

First up, I've had a request for the recipe for
the Hash Brown Casserole
we made for Thanksgiving.

so, here it is....

HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
Combine:
2 lb. bag of hash browns, defrosted
2 cups sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup fine chopped onion
1 tin of cream of chicken soup
---
2 cups cornflakes, crushed a bit
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine

Place combined ingredients in a large casserole dish.  Sprinkle with crushed cornflakes (or any unsweetened  cereal you prefer).  Drizzle with the melted butter.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, uncover and bake for 30 minutes more.  Enjoy!


Next up, is about hot pot...
Our #2 son Shawn  and his wife Winnie were home for Thanksgiving
and treated us by cooking us 'hot pot',
which we ate with chopsticks.  Yummy!!








Finally, a chocolate shoe!
Winnie brought this for me
and I don't want to eat it!!

Doesn't it look amazing??

10 comments:

  1. Fun post MA. I'm going to try that recipe and I will look into hot pot cooking. My friends and us have a different theme of food every month for a dinner and this would be a good one.
    btw, your winning package is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drop by for a turkey sandwich. Wish I had remembered to take pics yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best post title ever!!!
    That casserole sounds great, and I have been off my feedbag so that says a LOT! Have to copy it down for later use.
    Love that chocolate shoe---I wouldn't eat it either!

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winnie could have bought you the other shoe as well--twice as much fun eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for that hash browns cass recipe, i've saved it and will try it very soon. sounds yummo.
    and on choco shoes, mmmmm, don't leave it too long or someone might sneak over from Aussieland and eat it while you're out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well ... that did certainly pique my curiosity! MMmmm thanks for the potatoe recipe! Always looking for something ne to do with spuds!

    Hot Pot looks fun too! MMmmm!

    The chocolate shoe ... way cool!
    I don't think I'd eat such a work of art either!

    Hugs ... Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. your shoe is amazing!! try it on....in Cinderella style!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eat that shoe Girlie! Don't let it be said you wasted perfectly good chocolate!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love that chocolate shoe, i wouldn't want to eat it either :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at
    CHOCOLATE SHOE
    LOL

    Thank you for sharing the recipe
    AND
    enjoy your chocie shoe
    you only get to go around here once ;)

    Blessings to your friend...prayers are on their way already
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.