MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Outside my zone of comfort, but fun!!

This week I'm concentrating on the Frankenstitch class I'm taking with Arlee and here are the results of my playing today...






Frankenstitch is a form of stitching that Arlee has developed to add texture (and a great deal of interest) to her embroidered pieces.  I'm more of a perfectionist with my stitching so this format is quite different for me. 

I've decided to do each of the techniques as a sort-of sampler which may or may not become a book when I'm done.  Or?????

8 comments:

  1. Nice start, SIS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo... like seeing the stitches you are playing with. A book of samples would be pretty neat to do an altered art or stitched book with.
    Reminding me of kantha stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is very interesting good luck with the classes and will look forward to your progress

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, kantha with a twist, or is that a tug. a sampler page or 6 is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love these stitches. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like being brought along with your classes, thanks for the pix. This is so unlike any art I make that it's very interesting to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MA,
    I love this! I like the randomness of it all. Reminds me a bit of Karen's work! You are on to something here. I love it!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.