MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Great finds!



A friend and I spent yesterday poking through four (yes, 4!!) different thrift shops in search of treasures.  I, of course, picked up more denim to tear apart.

and before you get your knickers in a twist, 
I'm fully aware that I'm trying to
downsize my stash and not add to it
In my defense, how could I NOT bring home delicious-looking pockets and design elements for my jackets.  The fact that all that goodness happened to come attached to whole pairs of jeans is just one of those things, right?
I digress...

My big find was a perfect sized cupboard to hold my magazine collection for all of $20 AND this....

Well, actually my 'find' was the hand, the embroidery floss is what I'll be using for my on-line Frankenstitch class with Arlee. 
I really *heart* my hand!!

6 comments:

  1. Maryanne, what is the hand meant to do? is it a ring display? looks quite threatening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to treasure shop with a friend, and your treasures were wonderful. I heart your hand too :-)
    Hugs,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. going right now to have a look at those buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MA, you're an angel! Thank you very much! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to come over from Carole's and check out what your 'hand' was. Very cool! Imagine all the things you could do with that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.