MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Potatoes

Here's our favourite recipe for
a potato dish you can make
ahead for Christmas.

10 potatoes, cooked, mashed & cooled slightly
250 g. pkg. cream cheese
1/4 c. butter or margarine
 ---
Combine above.
---
1 c. chopped green onions
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. minced parsley (or 3 T. dried)
pinch of marjoram
salt & pepper to taste
---
Add to potato mixture.
Place in 2 L casserole dish
and top with
1/2 c. dried breadcrumbs.

At this point you can freeze it if you like.
Unthaw before cooking tho'!

Bake at 350 degrees 40 mins.

ENJOY!!!





6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh......I have to copy that; it sounds WONDERFUL!!! (of course, I'll have to cut it in half, but YUM YUM!)
    Thanks for sharing. :-)

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy.
    Christmas Potatoes....Sounds great to me.
    Merry Christmas, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. uummm sounds delicious MA, thanks so much for sharing!

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas

    Lots of Love and Joy to you and our planet

    fa la la
    ho ho ho
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you wont be lumbered with leftovers. Yumm is the word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of the potato dish. I will copy it for future use.

    I just popped by to wish you a Merry Christmas and not too snowy New years.

    We are having two other couples over for dinner and one is bringing a potato casserole - could it be this one? I will have to compare notes with hers.

    Hugs to all

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe i should just come by your place for christmas lunch, enjoy...k.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.