MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 14, 2008

July TIF done and flower question

Here is my finished Take It Further challenge piece of July. Again, these are colours I maybe wouldn't have chosen on my own, but I have loved working with them. Sharon stretches my imagination with these choices and I am enjoying this year long challenge so much. The following two pictures are of a mystery plant my neighbour gave me over two years ago. This is the first time it has flowered. I was hoping it would identify itself when it did, but I still have no clue what it is. I have waited over a week for something else to happen with the flower, but here it stays. Anybody know what it is??





5 comments:

  1. Why don't you call it Fred !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the looks of the leaves, it's some sort of orchid, but one i've never seen before!
    I could be wrong.......:}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it some sort of Bromeliad? They have sturdy leaves and long lasting flower. The other possibility is an orchid, but flower doesn't seem right. Interesting mystery plants you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'd agree with Arlee... the leaves are definitely orchid. The bloom is what is weird... you may have yourself a real speciman here, never known to man LOL... love your July TIF block, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing the full, unbordered piece you did for the TIF challenge. I have just started quilting and had not given any thought to how a crazy quilt block might look before it was stitched into place. When I saw the photo you provided, it was like light dawning on Marblehead (marble head?). Thanks. Bernadette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.