MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Mumble and TIF

Sorry about the no-post yesterday...my internet connection wasn't working properly. Here's the progress I've made on the TIF challenge piece for May. Click to enlarge so you can see it better. The seam treatment to the upper right of the centre ivory section is taken from Annie's Crazy World blog (whose addy I thought I had and can't find - googling it will find it for you I'm sure); the seam treatment between the light pink and hot pink on the right of the block is from Carole Sample's book (Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches) and I'm currently working on the lower left seam using a pattern from Pam Kellogg's 'Elegant Crazy Quilt Seam Treatments' e-book. This block isn't my choice of colours but what I like about this challenge is that Sharon is guiding me into combinations I would never try on my own.





1 comment:

  1. It's looking good MA--not my choice of colours either but it is a challenge and challenge it has been

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.