MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Ummmm? Mumbling??

Sorry folks, no pictures today. I managed to do one little bit on my TIF block and there it ended. I don't know about any of you, but I always have a 'funk' after Christmas where I really have to struggle to get motivated to do anything. Today was dull, rainy and just plain yucky outside too, which doesn't help. So, I shall mumble.

#1 Mumble...argh...DH is at the door announcing that he's done trudging on the treadmill and it's my turn. Yeah, I know I have to do it. I know it's good for me. I know I hate walking outside in the winter. I know all those things...but I still HATE IT!!!!

#2 Mumble....all the good books I got for Christmas are staring reproachfully at me while I read my way through a bunch that were loaned to us. I really want to read my brand new books (I got Eat,Pray,Love; two new Nora Roberts novels; the latest Sara Donati; and several others). I have 'When Bad Things Happen to Good People' (also loaned to me); 'The Secret' which I'm half-way through and have promised to loan to several other people; plus I don't know how many others that are residing on the book shelves. Maybe someday I'll take a picture of them just so you have some idea of how far behind I am! And we won't mention how fascinating the library is and all I manage to haul home from there on a regular basis! They now have a service where you can just order them online & they'll call you when they're in. NOT a good thing for me. I just get trigger-happy with the enter button the the keyboard and end up with far too many books from that quarter too.

#3 Mumble...awww darn it....the cursed treadmill isn't going away is it......

4 comments:

  1. I love it when you mumble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi maryanne i love it too when you mumble sounds like me. i havent been on mine either this week i now i,m bad. maybe i,ll get on this weekend and next week. i try to get on 3 times in the week and my gazelle too. but no luck this week. ohhh wellll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes life feels like one big chore -- hang in there, the fun does come back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for leaving a nice comment on my blog :-)
    You know, a study has shown that the worst days in the year are between January1st and 20st. So we are almost done with them ;-)
    and it feels so good to know I'm not the only mumbling...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.