This is another of my favourites which will be going into my quilt. Love the crocheted maple leaf and the lady outline on this one.
I bet you thought I'd forgotten about my Alphabet project...nope! Well, to be honest, I guess maybe I did for a little while but it's b-a-c-k and this time I'll finish it up. Now, if I could just find where I wrote down why I was doing this in the first place!!
Anyway....the letter 'L'
- Lion Brand Yarn, of course. They have one of the most comprehensive libraries of free knitting patterns that I've ever seen on the internet. http://www.lionbrand.com/
- http://www.layersuponlayers.com/ never fails to interest me.
- http://lisasheaven.com/ is another interesting site (I also have her listed as http://www.lisasheaven.com/ so if the first link doesn't work, try the second one)
- and LOVE, which is the best L word of all!!
Totally unrelated to either of the above topics, but things you might find interesting:
- The latest CQMag is up online at http://cqmagonline.com/ It's another fantastic resource with all sorts of articles on needlework ...and free!!
- And, just for fun, do you happen to know the definition of the word 'Purfler'? If you don't (and everybody should) here it is: 'to ornament with all sorts of fancy needlework; to decorate richly' Now there, doesn't that make your day better?
I'm a Purfler, you're a Purfler, we're all Purflers. "Yes, my mother's side was the Purflers, you know, the Purflers of Philabostonlondoaottawa"ReplyDelete
What I want to know is where do you buy the nice white thread just below the maple leaf because I need some------seriously MA I am enjoying seeing these blocks and I will put my hand up for being a Purfler as well.ReplyDelete