MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Not quite yet

 No, I'm not quite done with Him and Me, so here's the beginning of another one where the couple visit a Christmas tree farm.  Right now it's at the point they always get to where I question my thinking that I can even begin to make what I have in my mind.  And also when I question my even thinking that I can call myself  a fabric artist.  This too shall pass (I hope).



- I wouldn't mind giving THIS technique a try and hopefully I can remember it when I have a need for it.

- I know THIS is an ad but the technique is intriguing.  Wonder if it's actually AI.

- Some things just make me laugh (THIS did).

- THESE would be fun to make, both for kids and for adults.

- The quilters among you might find THIS article interesting (and finally (!!!) there's a name for the way I quilt!

Today's quote..."Anyone who thinks they are too small to make a difference has never met the honey bee"



19 comments:

  1. how fun!!! i don't have a bucket list, but if i did, i think that going to a tree farm might be on it...

    might have to substitute "filthy" for dirty in my case - just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to a tree farm either and now I guess it's off the table for sure because we're not allowed real trees in the apartments.

      Delete
  2. PNW Vickie10:10 AM

    The foldery that you wondered if it was AI is available on Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah - that's interesting! I wonder if they end up looking as good as what they're pictured.

      Delete
  3. Your latest work is looking very good. It'll work. Again.
    I'd caution against that ironing foam idea -- the fumes are very likely to be toxic even if done with ventilation. Likewise using an electric knife or hot wire to cut styrofoam. It's dangerous and the artist's health is worth protecting. I'm putting away my soapbox now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be ironing foam but you're right - it should come with a warning to do in a well-ventilated area. I think we take turns polishing that soapbox!

      Delete
  4. My goodness--of course you are a fabric artist!! We all have these feelings that everyone else's work is better than our own--but don't go there--your work is beautiful and if it makes you happy, that is what really counts...I think your series "Him and Me" is wonderful and makes me think of you two moving through your lives...Very inspiring....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Him and Me remind me of the Resident Chef and I....that's why I often put a black hat on 'Him' because the RC wears one. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love seeing your progress. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - I'm having fun, that's for sure.

      Delete
  6. oh perfect, I am looking forward to this one, especially the details............those are the best and you have a lovely imagination when it comes to the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I guess my sleepless nights are worthwhile!

      Delete
  7. I love this series. You are very definitely a fabric artist.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely you are a fabric artist! I'm so excited that you are doing a Christmas version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There *might* be two Christmas ones planned, but will have to wait and see. (thank you!)

      Delete
  9. Oh I love it!!!!!! You are so good at this, don't be discouraged! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know if I push past the doubt part of the project it will get better, but sometimes I wonder if it will!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.