MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 07, 2026

another addition

 I took artistic 'freedom' with the original photo and decided I wanted to add a wooden fence.  Good idea but I forgot to remember (hah) that stitching all those little wooden boards takes a LONG time (almost two days to be exact!).  I did a little bit of trapunto (and paint) to create the clouds.  And...you will notice there's another 'Him and Me' been added.  Next up on my dance card is to add some embroidery - just because I can.


- I know I sent you to a tutorial for these before, but THESE are a bit different and so pretty!  They'd make lovely gifts I think.

- Have a scroll through the creations of THIS artist!

- My goodness - I thought sometimes I put a lot of stitches into my landscapes, but seeing THESE made me realize my efforts are paltry in comparison!

- THIS is a rather unusual design - and good for using up scraps.

Today's quote is from C.S. Lewis..."Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less"



2 comments:

  1. oh good, my people are back!!! i was missing those two...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think I just may have created a monster with them. I'm currently toying with something Christmas-y but can't decide what direction to go.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.