MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 28, 2026

More on the tree

 The glitter has been added to the tree along with some 'baubles (sequins) which add even more sparkle.  Next I need to figure out how I'm going to do the trim on the presents.    I spent the entire afternoon (!!!) yesterday making little teeny fiddly bows for the gifts.  It would have been far easier to embroider them but I wanted them to be dimensional.  Good thing I don't work on a time clock!


After the latest threat from south of us, a brilliant person wrote this...,.turn your sound up..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlyUrGA52M4

- If you're a fan of the When Calls The Heart series on tv, you might like to create some of THESE!  Even if you're not familiar with the show, the paper creations are pretty cool.

- THIS fell under the awww-worthy category for me.

- If you have a chipped teacup, perhaps making THIS would be a good use for it.

- If you're thinking about making a vest to keep you warm over the cold months, perhaps some ideas HERE will be of interest.  Or have a look at the ones HERE (scroll down) as well.

Today's quote is from Mark Twain..."No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot"






21 comments:

  1. The sequins are just perfect--those "fiddley" bows really add so much--nice work--if challenging I'm sure. I know my fingers would be crying after making those!!
    Hugs for a great weekend...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried making the bows using a fork which did make them even but that fork was darned slippery and they kept slipping off, resulting in much unflattering (and rather colourful) language on my part.

      Delete
  2. That tree is looking very good. The sequins work great for ornaments, very imaginative. As to the wisdom of making teeny bows, this former miniaturist takes the Fifth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've dreamed of making miniatures but then I return to earth with a thump when I attempt something like this and am reminded that my fingers just don't work that small.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Linda - I kinda like it too.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love your Christmas card! Great job! And I love the Mark Twain quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, this tree isn't a card but instead part of a landscape I'm working on. But you're right - it would make a nice card!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4:51 PM

    Sherryofcreateology: Hello MaryAnne: I have MIA and Missing YOU and your brilliant blog. April 14,2026 I had a bad fall. Three bones broke in my Pelvis and 2 more in the upper portion of my Sacrum that connects it to the Pelvis. I was in ER 1 day and hospital 4 days. I am still walking with a walker for support. NO driving so hubby is doing his best to be housewife, cook, shopper and chauffeur to my many doctor and now twice weekly Physical Therapy appointments. Just before all this he had TURP surgery and a very long recovery and her went back into Afib and had to have Cardioversion. We have had three years of medical H3LL! I have missed so much this year including a trip to visit my daughter, son-in-law and my Granddaughters and Great Granddaughter. My extreme pain and exhaustion has literally ruined everyday. I have missed you and will try to get more active as I recover. Then when all is healed I will have to have my right hip (side I fell hard on) replaced. God is Good! Blessings Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, Sherry - I'm sorry that all this has happened to you! I wondered what had happened to you but thought maybe you had just stepped back from the internet. You stepped back alright, but not in the way I thought!! Take care of you!!!!

      Delete
  6. I've been busy and missed some posts lately. I went back a few posts to see what you are working on. Another fabulous Him & Me quilt! Love the 'Tree Farm'! The decorated tree is fabulous, so pretty! The (fiddly) bows turned out great. Thanks for the links! That pig is adorable! Lots of pretty vest patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those bows were certainly fiddly and I'm glad they're done. I seem to be rather obsessed with Him & Me's.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous3:03 AM

    fun!!! the quote is sadly true
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that quote was quite fitting right now.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous4:24 AM

    I enlarged your image and can definitely confirm fiddling with your bows was worth it! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a girl just hasta do what a girl hasta do!

      Delete
  9. I was anonymous...oops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that song! Shared it on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too. I think it should be on mainstream radio (of course, by now maybe it is)

      Delete
  11. What a pretty tree! I love your attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the detail comes from my years of crazy quilting.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.