MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Escapee

 I dunno about you but I have a problem.  The age-old issue.  That in which you are stitching merrily away with a sharp object in your hand and suddenly your hand does something weird and the said sharp object goes walkabout.  I KNOW that blasted needle is somewhere in my sewing room but the question is, where.  I even went so far as to get out my powerful needle-finder (ie. heavy duty magnet glued onto the end of a broomstick...yes, I'm high-tech that way).  Needle is nowhere to be found.  I can guarantee you though, said needle is lying in wait to embed itself into my bare foot - or - worse - my arse.  
Diabolical little bugger!

- Have a peek through the creations of THIS artist!

- And THIS one too!  I love her birch trees.

- Those of you who are weavers might find THIS project a fun challenge.

Today, how about this instead of a quote...




22 comments:

  1. Yes to everything on the over 50 list........LOL Been there done that with a needle also, wear slippers around the house until it's found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lost was found so I'm safe - until the next time!

      Delete
  2. ha!!! things you say after 70 are the same, but with WTF replacing WTH...

    wandering needles are a menace - i have tried MANY different things to keep them from going on adventures by themselves and NOTHING works every time, so far - i'll be watching this space for helpful hints that i may not have heard before ...here's hoping you find it in a not-traumatic way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the light changed I could see it and no harm done to my bodily parts. It's one of the joys of having carpet in a sewing room.

      Delete
  3. Bernadette Banner, the famous seamstress and costume designer, does a lot of hand stitching, once lost her needle in a video and had to find another, to continue till the first one showed up! Often it's stuck in your own clothes. I've retrieved them from my sleeve, where I suppose they got swept up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sleeves this time of year so safe there and I patted myself down and no sign of it. Once the light changed I saw it on the floor but why the magnet didn't grab it up I don't know.

      Delete
  4. Oh those needles--they just slip slide away don't they? Love your needle finder tool--definitely diy;))) glad you found it!!
    Love that listing--especially #12--very prevalent here sadly ;))) Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - the RC and I call #12 Living In The Hereafter (in other words, what am I here after).

      Delete
  5. You are exactly right about how that needle will be found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lucked out when the light changed and I saw it - although why the magnet-on-a-stick didn't grab it up I don't know.

      Delete
  6. Trying to find a needle is like a needle in a haystack! This is so true! Bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having carpet on the floor makes it worse!

      Delete
  7. I've had the lost needle issue many times. Sometimes the magnet itself is enough, sometimes I have to break out the flashlight and wave it around. Once I found it had flipped over my shoulder and landed about 5 feet away. Fortunately in a spot that isn't walked on. Glad you found the needle with something other than a body part!
    I've been saying many of those things even before I hit 50, especially about the scale. I can also remember wondering why so many "old" people stood on one side of the grocery store aisle and looked at the other side, especially the bottom shelves. I found out why when I got bifocals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The over the shoulder thing is what happened I think because it ended up nowhere near where I was working. Hmm...interesting note about the grocery store bifocal issue - I've never thought of doing that. We're head to the store shortly so I'll have to test out the theory!

      Delete
  8. Prayers
    I found a lost needle in my sofa weeks after it disappeared. I think it hitched a ride in my clothes somewhere. They do show up.
    May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one did - finally. Don't know why the magnet didn't locate it though.

      Delete
  9. Oops – it's good that the needle problem is solved :-)))
    Thanks a lot for the links... I really like the weaving projects, and I'm going to give it a try!!! Thanks and best regards, Viola.
    Have a wonderful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was certainly happy to locate that awol needle. Glad you found something useful in the links.

      Delete
  10. Uh oh! Did you find it? Hate it when they disappear like that.... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it showed up when the light changed. I saw it glinting in the carpet.

      Delete
  11. I'm always losing my needles. My husband says' don't worry, I'll find it when I put my arse on it' ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost another one yesterday and it still hasn't surfaced and your DH is right.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.