MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Interesting to know (at least for me)

 I wanted to add snow to the tree in the foreground of the landscape and initially tried adding just glitter and it wasn't quite right (free Goldilocks analogy here).  White paint wasn't right either.  A dig through my stash unearthed a long-forgotten jar of a product called 'Snow-Tex' by DecoArt that I doubt I've ever used.  It is thick and goes on clumpy, just like snow would be.  Perfect.  Sort of.  It dries quite hard so it definitely adds a lot of texture to the tree.  It says it can be painted once dried so I plan to add some glitter.  



Above you can see the entire tree and I don't know how well you can see the texture so I add another photo taken at an angle.  

You can also see some of the glitter that I had initially tried still there.  I will add more onto the snow.


- THIS little guy is definitely awww-worthy!

- THIS is a great project to recycle denim.

- Those of you who enjoy weaving might like to read about THIS.

Today's quote...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.