I wanted to add snow to the tree in the foreground of the landscape and initially tried adding just glitter and it wasn't quite right (free Goldilocks analogy here). White paint wasn't right either. A dig through my stash unearthed a long-forgotten jar of a product called 'Snow-Tex' by DecoArt that I doubt I've ever used. It is thick and goes on clumpy, just like snow would be. Perfect. Sort of. It dries quite hard so it definitely adds a lot of texture to the tree. It says it can be painted once dried so I plan to add some glitter.
Above you can see the entire tree and I don't know how well you can see the texture so I add another photo taken at an angle.
You can also see some of the glitter that I had initially tried still there. I will add more onto the snow.
- THIS little guy is definitely awww-worthy!
- THIS is a great project to recycle denim.
- Those of you who enjoy weaving might like to read about THIS.
Today's quote...



your snow looks just like the snow that has broken too many branches here - spot on and well done!!!
ReplyDeleteas for the narcissist - add malignant to the description and you have the orange $#!t stain.
Here too - I hate snow but it's kinda fun to make the artificial kind. The Snow-Tex was a good choice even though it dries really stiff.
Deleteoh love that snow and the quote!!!! Very appropriate at the moment, eh!!
ReplyDeleteThis is the best kind of snow IMHO...don't have to shovel it.
DeleteSweet idea MA.
ReplyDeleteCatherine
Thanks Catherine - I'm really enjoying working on this one.
DeleteThinking about snow already.. Best seen in artworks!
ReplyDeleteThat weaving link was very good, thank you! I also concluded the pegdoll loom is pretty easy to make for yourself. Oh dear, just what I need, another loom.
hee hee - I was thinking specifically of you when I posted about that loom.
DeleteGreat snow covered tree!! I think that adding glitter now will really look great...hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteThe addition of glitter just elevates it that much more. There will be some added to the rest of the snow too but not until the end.
DeleteI also love ❤️ the snow ❄️ and the quote.
ReplyDeleteThis is the best kind of snow in my estimation!
DeleteWell, that's a darned cool product!
ReplyDeleteIt's different, that's for sure!
Delete